Don’t Forget……Sahara Bridge Deck BBQ today from 3pm – 6pm!
We look forward to seeing you there!
The Sahara Bridge Construction is Finished!
Please join us for the grand opening celebration. Click on the invitation below for a larger printable version.
The Las Vegas Wash Project is in the News
Check out the Construction Page for details and see this week’s progress photos.
Flamingo Arroyo Trail / Nellis Boulevard Pedestrian Bridge Closure Starting Saturday, June 21, 2014
Trail, Traffic Lane, and Pedestrian Bridge Closures anticipated to be in effect until September 1, 2014
Monday, June 16, 2014 through Friday, June 20, 2014: Dewatering wells will be installed within the Flamingo Wash prior to the trail and bridge closure. The pedestrian trail and bridge will remain OPEN during this timeframe. However, a single lane closure will be in effect on Nellis Boulevard in the southbound direction. Access to businesses and bus stops will be maintained.
Saturday, June 21, 2014 through Monday, September 1, 2014: The Flamingo Arroyo Trail between Lamb Boulevard and Nellis Boulevard and the Pedestrian Bridge at Nellis Boulevard will be CLOSED due to construction related activities. A single lane closure on Nellis Boulevard will also be in place in the southbound direction, starting north of Sahara Avenue to just past the Nellis Boulevard Pedestrian Bridge. Access to businesses and bus stops will be maintained.
NOTICE: Herbicide Application at Desert Rose Golf Course
As part of the construction of the Las Vegas Wash Project, Clark County will initiate herbicide application on various sections of turf along the perimeter of the Desert Rose Golf Course to abate the growth of grass and weeds throughout the construction site. Over the next few weeks crews will apply herbicide while maintaining irrigation to allow for maximum absorption and effectiveness.
Please note the following:
- The initial application of Ranger Pro herbicide occurred October – November 2013. The Ranger Pro product will be used again.
- The herbicide contains a blue dye to mark areas of application.
- Application will not occur when winds exceed 10 mph.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the Department of Public Works at (702) 455-6000 or via email to ProjectTeam@LVWashProject.com.
Advanced Notice of Construction
LAS VEGAS PAVING CORPORATION is currently in construction of the Clark County Public Works Project, Las Vegas Wash from Sloan Channel to Bonanza Rd & Flamingo Wash below Nellis Blvd Improvements. Also under construction in the area is the City of Las Vegas Project, Sahara-Arden Sewer Replacement and BOMO Force Main – Phase 1.
These projects involve the construction of flood control and sanitary sewer upgrades through the Desert Rose Golf Course and adjacent roadways. A portion of these sanitary sewer upgrades will take place through the center of Winterwood Blvd. Traffic control will be setup in the center of the street, but traffic will still be able to flow north and south on Winterwood Blvd.
The traffic control will be setup on 4/21/2014 and will remain in place for approximately (2) weeks.
We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause, however we appreciate your cooperation in this matter.
Should you have any questions or concerns please contact the Clark County Public Works Hotline at (702) 455-6000.
LAS VEGAS PAVING CORPORATION
Vegas Valley Drive Construction Update
The construction work being performed at Vegas Valley Drive is a combination of two concurrent projects: The County’s Las Vegas Wash Improvements from Sloan Channel to Cedar Avenue and the City of Las Vegas Sewer Improvements.
Every effort is made minimize disruptions by coordinating lane restrictions with the City. Sometimes, unforeseen circumstances cause project delays that are not in our control. We understand that this has been a source of concern and frustration for commuters, and we would like to take this opportunity to provide you with the following update.
- Temporary work associated with the Las Vegas Wash Project has been suspended until the reconstruction of the Sahara Avenue Bridge is complete. The contractor will return at a later date to complete additional project improvements.
- The City of Las Vegas Sewer Improvement Project has been underway on Vegas Valley Drive and Cabana Lane for several months. Work is being completed under an approved Encroachment Permit.
- The City’s contractor, performed a pre-final inspection on Cabana Drive and found one area that needs permanent patching. Traffic cones have been removed for now, but the contractor anticipates to be back on site next week to do the patch. NV Energy has also been on site doing some wire pulling related to the City’s project, which has impacted traffic intermittently. That work should be now be complete.
- The City’s contractor is in the process of completing some backfilling, and the barricade plan that has the lane reductions in place will be in effect while that task is completed. This work is expected to be complete by Friday, March 28th at which time the lane restrictions will be removed.
Our inspectors will perform a field check on Friday, March 28th to ensure all work has been completed and the lanes restriction have been removed.
We sincerely regret any inconvenience you have experienced and thank you for your patience.